THE WORLD’S #1 PROVIDER OF PLATFORM-INDEPENDENT TRANSLATON MEMORY TECHNOLOGY OFFERS A FREE ONLINE ALIGNMENT TOOL
NEW YORK & PARIS, August 10, 2012
- Wordfast announces the official release of the Wordfast Anywhere AutoAligner, a free online alignment tool which allows users to create translation memories from previously translated content.
- The AutoAligner is provided as part of Wordfast Anywhere, the industry’s largest FREE and confidential cloud-based TM tool.
- The Wordfast Anywhere AutoAligner uses heuristics to match up source and target segments in order to create translation memories. The resulting TMs are sent to the user via email in both Wordfast TM format and TMX format for use in all major commercial CAT tools.
- The tool boasts several time saving features such as automatic language detection, the ability to drag and drop files, and batch processing.
- Wordfast Anywhere provides complete and permanent privacy. All files that are uploaded to Wordfast Anywhere remain completely confidential inside of the user’s password-protected workspace.
- With over 30,000 users worldwide, Wordfast is the world’s second-largest provider of translation memory software.
Wordfast Anywhere AutoAligner Features Include:
- Automatic language detection
- Support for multilingual files
- Ability to upload and align batches of files simultaneously
- Drag-and-drop functionality for HTML5 compatible browsers
- Support for multiple file formats, including DOC/DOCX, PPT/PPTX, XLS/XLSX, RTF, TXT, TXML, HTML/HTM, and INX.
- Ability to review and edit the resulting TMs outside of Wordfast
- Ability to generate TMX format TMs for use with any major commercial CAT tool
“We believe our users should be able to leverage their previously translated text and use it on future translation projects inside of their TM tool. They shouldn't have to start from scratch,” stated Kristyna Marrero, Wordfast’s Director of Sales & Marketing. “The Wordfast Anywhere AutoAligner gives users a simple and efficient way to create TMs from content that they have already translated. There is no software to download or install, the interface is simple and intuitive, and best of all, it is offered free of charge to all translators.”
Wordfast LLC is the world's second largest provider of translation memory software solutions. The company currently has over 30,000 active customer deployments in the marketplace. Driven primarily by the positive reviews of users and industry experts, Wordfast's client base has grown to include leading organizations such as the United Nations, NASA, McGraw-Hill, Nomura Securities, a wide array of educational institutions, and thousands of independent translators. For more information, please visit www.wordfast.com.