29 June, 2010
WORDFAST ANYWHERE REACHES 5,000 REGISTERED USERS
FreeTM.com Registers Record Adoption for the World's Most Advanced Web-Based TM Tool
WASHINGTON, DC & PARIS, JUNE 29, 2010
- The world's # 1 provider of platform-independent TM software unveiled Wordfast Anywhere, the industry's first FREE completely confidential, web-based Translation Memory tool.
- Using cloud technology, Wordfast Anywhere offers translators located all over the world the ability to connect to TMs and glossaries.
- Since coming out of beta testing two months ago, Wordfast Anywhere has grown quickly and reached 5,000 registered users
Wordfast Anywhere users benefit from:
- Free access to the world's most advanced web-based TM tool
- Guarantee of complete and permanent privacy and confidentiality for all aspects of use
- Immediate deployment of a TM tool without the need to download or install any software
- Ability to access TMs, glossaries, and project files via the internet using cloud technology
- Instant workgroup facility for real-time collaboration among team members
- Optional Machine Translation integration
- Web-based alignment tool
Kristyna Marrero, Director of Sales and Marketing for Wordfast, stated “The concept of free web-based TM has caught on quickly in the translation community—Wordfast Anywhere has already reached 5,000 users within just a few months of its release. We anticipate that freelance translators and small to mid-sized LSPs who are able to take advantage of the free resources available to them will find fewer reasons to purchase expensive tools in order to run their businesses.“
Wordfast LLC is the world's second largest provider of translation memory software solutions. The company currently has over 20,000 active customer deployments in the marketplace. Driven primarily by the positive reviews of users and industry experts, Wordfast's client base has grown to include leading organizations such as the United Nations, NASA, McGraw-Hill, Nomura Securities, a wide array of educational institutions, and thousands of independent translators. For more information, please visit www.wordfast.com.