14 July, 2011
WORDFAST STRENGTHENS ITS ALREADY AGGRESSIVE POLICIES REGARDING SECURITY AND PRIVACY OF HOSTED CONTENT
The World’s #1 Web-Based Translation Memory Software Takes Extra Measures to Ensure Confidentiality of Customer Data
NEW YORK & PARIS, July 14, 2011
- Wordfast Anywhere is a web-based TM tool that allows translators to work on projects from anywhere they have a browser. Users can upload TMs, glossaries, and project files to a password-protected area on Wordfast’s centralized server and invite their colleagues to share these TM assets in real time over the internet.
- To increase the security of data transmitted between the customer’s browser and Wordfast’s server, Wordfast has established an encrypted link by activating SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) on its server.
- Additionally, upon request, Wordfast will sign Non-Disclosure Agreements with any customer who wishes to have a written contract regarding the confidentiality of their data.
- With over 12,500 registered users, Wordfast Anywhere is the world’s most widely used FREE and confidential web-based TM tool.
Wordfast Anywhere users benefit from:
- Ability to access TMs, glossaries, and project files using cloud technology from virtually any web-enabled device, including most smartphones, PDAs, and tablets
- Complete and permanent privacy and confidentiality for all aspects of use
- Immediate deployment of the most current version of Wordfast Anywhere without the need to download or install any software
- An instant workgroup facility for real-time collaboration among team members
- In-browser preview of common file formats
- Machine Translation integration (optional)
- Web-based alignment tool
- FREE access to the world’s most advanced web-based TM tool
Yves Champollion, Wordfast’s Founder & President, stated: “At Wordfast, we have always understood the uncompromising confidentiality requirements of the translation industry. In the age of cloud computing, we also recognize the importance of having rigorous polices in place to safeguard the security and privacy of customer data.”
Wordfast LLC is the world's second largest provider of translation memory software solutions. The company currently has over 25,000 active customer deployments in the marketplace. Driven primarily by the positive reviews of users and industry experts, Wordfast's client base has grown to include leading organizations such as the United Nations, NASA, McGraw-Hill, Nomura Securities, a wide array of educational institutions, and thousands of independent translators. For more information, please visit www.wordfast.com.