21 June, 2011
WORDFAST ANNOUNCES THE OFFICIAL RELEASE OF WORDFAST CLASSIC 6.0
The World's Leading Provider of Platform-Independent Translation Memory Software Releases New Version of its Original Microsoft Word-Based Tool
NEW YORK & PARIS, June 21, 2011
- Wordfast releases Wordfast Classic 6.0 with several new features and enhancements.
- Wordfast Classic 6.0 operates inside of Microsoft Word and is compatible with the latest MS Word versions (MS Word 2010 for Windows and MS Word 2011 for Mac).
- With over 25,000 licenses in active use, Wordfast is the second most widely used TM software for translators, agencies, and multinational corporations worldwide.
WFC 6.0 Features/Enhancements Include:
- AutoComplete (AC), which suggests terms, phrases, and numbers automatically as you type and includes the ability to search target-side web content
- Ability to share TMs and glossaries with an unlimited number of users over a Local Area Network
- Enhanced QA functionality, including proper-name typo detection and punctuation checks
- Redesigned toolbar
- Automatic Find and Replace feature
- Improved glossary term recognition
Yves Champollion, Wordfast’s Founder & President, stated: “We understand that many translators are already comfortable working inside of an MS Word environment and we are committed to the ongoing development and support of our MS Word-based tool, Wordfast Classic. We are pleased to announce the release of version 6.0, which focuses on driving even greater efficiency to the translator.”
- To download the latest demo version of Wordfast Classic 6.0: http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html
- To purchase a Wordfast Classic license: http://www.wordfast.com/store_buy.html
- To learn more about the Wordfast Pro, our standalone TM tool designed to run on any platform: http://www.wordfast.com/products_wordfast_pro.html
- To launch Wordfast Anywhere, our FREE browser-based TM tool: http://www.FreeTM.com
- To learn more about Wordfast Server, our TM server application that addresses translation efficiency at the enterprise level: http://www.wordfast.com/products_wordfast_server.html
Wordfast LLC is the world's second largest provider of translation memory software solutions. The company currently has over 25,000 active customer deployments in the marketplace. Driven primarily by the positive reviews of users and industry experts, Wordfast's client base has grown to include leading organizations such as the United Nations, NASA, McGraw-Hill, Nomura Securities, a wide array of educational institutions, and thousands of independent translators. For more information, please visit www.wordfast.com.