The 8th annual edition of Wordfast Forward will feature two full-days of hands-on learning about Wordfast products, software integration sessions, round-table think-tank discussions, a feature hackathon and one-to-one meetings with developers.
Being a speaker is your chance to be a part of the official program and share your savoir-faire with colleagues. The theme of next year’s conference is Amplify & Integrate, and we have compiled a list of topics that users are generally interested in learning more about:
- Translation memory (TM) and glossary maintenance
- Revision and proofreading best practices
- Back-up and disaster recovery
- Compatibility with other CAT tools
- TM & glossary sharing, collaboration with others
- Project management and file organization
- Deploying AI, voice recognition or machine translation solutions
- Custom file filters and segmentation rules
- Translation editor find/replace and filtering strategies
- Preferences or settings tweaks
- PDF conversion techniques and tools
- Personal efficiency, business development training
If you have a proposal that is not related to the above, but you are convinced users will find your content constructive, please submit your proposal. In the past, we have had sessions on translating for the wine industry, layered communications, sales techniques, nudge management, and more. Your submission must include the following: your bio, a title, a brief description, and at least one learning objective.
Speakers will be entitled to a 50% discount on the conference fee and a few more surprise VIP perks. The deadline for submissions is October 31st.