NEW YORK & PARIS, AUGUST 20, 2019 –
Wordfast today released version 5.10 of its platform-independent desktop tool, Wordfast Pro. Notable features and improvements include:
- ► Implemented Quick Tools improvements for all existing tabs
- ► Added Extract uniques and Populate uniques to Quick Tools to remove duplicates
- ► Added Transcheck, Segment changes report to Quick Tools
- ► Added an Advanced tab to lock/unlock segments, split/merge files and swap source/target
- ► Implemented Transcheck preferences with new user interface design
- ► Implemented auto suggestion to work for text next to punctuation
- ► Added ability to add attributes during Project Cleanup and Quick Tools cleanup
- And more…
Four new videos that illustrate these new features and improvements are available on our YouTube channel: Wordfast Pro 5 Playlist.
“The 5.10 release is a major overhaul of Quick Tools, a suite of tools primarily used by project managers and localization engineers. In particular, users now have access to tools that were previously only available in Wordfast Pro 3, like Extract/Populate Uniques (formerly Extract/Populate Frequents), Split/Merge Files, and Source/Target swap,” stated Wordfast CEO, Yves Champollion.
About Wordfast Pro 5
Wordfast Pro 5 is a desktop, multi-platform CAT tool designed to address the needs of translators, language service providers, and multinational corporations. Wordfast Pro 5 is the only major commercial CAT tool on the market that runs natively on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Wordfast LLC is the world’s largest provider of platform-independent translation memory software solutions. The company currently has over 40,000 active customer deployments in the marketplace. Driven primarily by the positive reviews of users and industry experts, Wordfast’s client base has grown to include leading organizations such as the United Nations, NASA, McGraw-Hill, Nomura Securities, a wide array of educational institutions, and thousands of independent translators. For more information, please visit https://www.wordfast.com/.
John Di Rico
+33 6 30 98 06 21