NEW YORK & PARIS, NOVEMBER 20, 2019 –
Wordfast today released version 5.12 of its platform-independent desktop tool, Wordfast Pro. Notable features and improvements include:
- ► Implemented new Segment states “Translated” and “Needs Translation” to finalize translated segment.
- ► Improved Progress bar calculations using the new segment states
- ► Implemented TM reconnection process during network failure for remote TM
- ► Added option to run project Transcheck in the background
- ► Implemented Chain files to always open in same order of selection from Current Project View
- ► Moved Paragraph length check as part of Translation Length Check in Transcheck
- ► Updated DeepL to newest API with support of new languages added
- And more…
A new videos that illustrates these new features and improvements is available on our YouTube channel: Wordfast Pro 5 Playlist.
“The 5.12 release is a major improvement of the segment status bar and progress indicator. We listened to freelancers concerns and hope the new features are better aligned with their needs,” stated Wordfast CEO, Yves Champollion.
About Wordfast Pro 5
Wordfast Pro 5 is a desktop, multi-platform CAT tool designed to address the needs of translators, language service providers, and multinational corporations. Wordfast Pro 5 is the only major commercial CAT tool on the market that runs natively on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Wordfast LLC is the world’s largest provider of platform-independent translation memory software solutions. The company currently has over 40,000 active customer deployments in the marketplace. Driven primarily by the positive reviews of users and industry experts, Wordfast’s client base has grown to include leading organizations such as the United Nations, NASA, McGraw-Hill, Nomura Securities, a wide array of educational institutions, and thousands of independent translators. For more information, please visit https://www.wordfast.com/.
John Di Rico
+33 6 30 98 06 21