This self-paced training consists of a primer followed by three recorded videos that last 1.5 hours each. You can use the coupon code training-videos to purchase this training for USD 18 (excl. tax).
“I really enjoyed these training sessions and, though I have been using Wordfast for 3 years, they provided tips that will definitely improve my user experience and the quality of my work.”
“Thank you for this training. I was using Wordfast Pro for my job, but I actually didn't understand how to use it well. I think this training will make my work more accurate and professional. Thank you so much!”
- What are and why use CAT tools?
- Segmentation, translation memories, terminology
- Downloading and installing Wordfast Pro
- Troubleshooting, tech support & user forums
- Translation and workflow assignments
Session 1: Recorded on Tuesday, 19 January 2021
- Clarifying concepts: what is a TM, a segment, Glossary, MT, TXLF
- Creating a translation project, a TM and a glossary
- Committing segments and adding glossary terms
- Translating with machine translation (MT)
- Saving your translated file
Session 2: Recorded on Tuesday, 26 January 2021
- Customizing your workspace
- Working in the editor (functions and buttons)
- Handling tags, fuzzy matches and repetitions
- Using live preview
- Segmentation settings
Session 3: Recorded on Tuesday, 2 February 2021
Analyzing files and pricing
Spellchecking and quality control (Transcheck)
What is a GLP package (import/export)
Organizing your projects
Connecting to remote resources
Philippe Locquet is a plurilingual translator. As a translation technology enthusiast, he shares useful information through trainings, his YouTube channel Fi2Pro and social media. He is Wordfast Academic Program Manager helping academic institutions get the most out of Wordfast to train the next generation of professional translators. Philippe also creates, cleans, shares and maintains securely Translation Memories and Glossaries for his customers.
- USD 18 (excl. tax) for all three videos
Sign up to receive notifications about future training opportunities.