Wordfast Word Count is an automatic tool that counts the words in your documents using the same word count methodology as Wordfast. The tool will also convert PDF files into DOCX files.
Here’s how to use it:
- Send an email to email@example.com
Attach any document(s) for which you need a word count to the email. We currently accept:
- - Word Files (DOC, DOCX)
- - PDF Files (Scanned and Live)
- - Excel Files (XLS, XLSX)
- - PowerPoint Files (PPT, PPTX)
- - Images (TIFF, JPG, BMP, PNG)
- - Rich Text (RTF)
- - Text Documents (TXT)
- - ZIP Files (ZIP)
- Write the name of the SOURCE LANGUAGE of the file(s) that are attached in English in the subject line of your email.
- You will receive an email shortly that lists the file names, the word count for each file, and converted DOCX files if you sent PDF files.
All files you send to firstname.lastname@example.org are kept strictly confidential. Please see our disclaimer for details.
This tool does not use the same word counting methodology as Microsoft Word. For example, Wordfast counts contractions as two words whereas MS Word counts them as one. Wordfast does not count numbers as words either.
Complete list of supported languages: