Thursday Morning - OLD SAN JUAN
Meet in the hotel lobby at 9:00 am to share a taxi to our starting point: El Morro, a 16th-century citadel on the northwestern tip of the San Juan islet. We will then meander through the streets of San Juan, seeing historical landmarks, learning about the city and stopping for lunch.
Thursday Afternoon - WORK OR PLAY
Stay in the old town after lunch and discover the bay from the decks of the Amazing Grace, an 81 topsail schooner replica of the traditional American sailing crafts that fought fought the British in the War of Independence and again in 1812. More details about this trip here.
The conference venue also has a beautiful pool and is a short walk from the beach. What better way to enjoy your day than by relaxing and catching some rays! Or you can attend the advanced server deployment workshop. See the program for details.
Sunday All Day - CULEBRA ISLAND
This full day boat trip will take you along the coast to Culebra Island, where you will be able to experience and enjoy the beautiful and colorful marine life of its pristine coral reefs and beaches. Find out all the details about this excursion on the East Island Excursions website.
Thursday Night - WELCOME DINNER
Meet up at a local restaurant Entrevinos (4.5* Google Maps and Tripadvisor) for an informal dinner with attendees and guests. This is your chance to meet up with friends from previous years and get to know some new people before the conference kicks off.
Conference participants and their guests can choose their own three-course culinary adventure:
• Soup of the Day
• Caprese Salad (V)
• Mixte Salad Vinagrete (V)
• St Louis BBQ Ribs
• Salmón filet beurre blanc
• Vegan Skillet (V)
• Key Lime Pie
• Cheese Custard
• Glass of wine or beer included
Friday Night - WHITE PARTY
Bring out your best white attire with a red or blue accessory for this now infamous Wordfast party. This year’s dinner will be hosted on the rooftop of the Verdanza Hotel. Don’t forget your dancing shoes!
Conference participants and their guests will have a vast selection from a Puerto Rican buffet:
• Yautia Soup (V)
• Potato Salad (V)
• Avocado and Tomato Salad (V)
• Garden Salad (V)
• Roasted Pork Pernil with Onion - Garlic Mojito
• Churrasco Steak with Wine Sauce and Papaya Chimichurri
• Red Snapper a la Criolla
• Vegetables Ratatouille (V)
• Mamposteao Rice
• Ripe Plantain in Almibar (V)
• Vanilla Flan
• Dulce de Papaya y Queso del Pais
• Wine included
Saturday Night - FAREWELL DINNER
We will close the conference with a farewell dinner in the Santurce neighborhood at Chicharron Placita, next to a beautiful old market. Stick around after dinner to enjoy the nightlife.
Whet your appetite for your three-course menu:
• Assortment of Tapas Criollas and Tapas del Mar
• Soup and Seasonal Salad (V)
• Kan Kan Pork Chops Served with “Mamposteao” Rice
• Ahi Tuna with Sesame Seeds Crust Served with an Asian-Boricua Style Rice
• Eggplant Parmesan (V)
• A la carte: Cheesecake, Chocolate Cake, Carrot Cake, Coconut Cake…
• 1 margarita + 1 beer OR 2 glasses of wine